Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6, 2009

Hump day they call it in the world of the working folks! How funny that I just fell back into the routine of teaching kinders... Today, after only 2 days, the class now knows that I am the Queen of the classroom! As I was washing up in the restroom, one of the few chances to go...I looked in the mirror and said to myself out loud, "Girl, you still got it!!! "

The class has settled down. I have MY classroom management skills going. I do remember how excited the kids get and how they love to sit and listen to me read! It's funny how kids love rules at this age. The Bible tells us that children want and need rules.
I am enjoying it, but I also have my countdown going. And just think, I won't have to work until next August or September!!!!

2 comments:

Michael and Marcy said...

Well at least you haven't had one of those,"Boy I wish I could sleep in!" days yet. Or have you? You realize I've been busy Quilt Dashing without you?

Jana Vick said...

How does one properly address the "QUEEN"? I just want to say, of course you still have it! And that part of teaching IS fun...it's all the other stuff that makes ya crazy. How wonderful for those students and the teacher who left you in charge that they had you as their sub :)